We make it EZ to Switch!

Itís EZ to switch from your current checking account to a Heartland Area Federal Credit Union checking account. We will guide you every step of the way. Simply stop in at the credit union and our experienced Member Service Representatives will set your NEW account up for you.

Here are a few steps to help you along the way.

Step 1: When you stop in to open a new Heartland Area Federal Credit Union checking account, bring in a valid Driverís License. You can open your account for as little as $100.00.

Step 2: You will be able to sign up for Home Access which is our internet connection. You can also apply to receive an ATM card or a MasterCard Debit Card.

Step 3: Change or sign up for Direct Deposit. Use the "Direct Deposit Change Notice"

From the EZ Switch Kit to inform your employer or other organizations that you have a new Heartland Area FCU checking account. Fill out the form using the account and bank routing numbers from your new Heartland Area FCU checks. The fastest way to change the Direct Deposit of your Social Security benefit is to call: Social Security/SSI 1-800-772-1213; Local Omaha SS office number is 399-8963; Veteranís Benefits 1-800-827-1000. If further Social security information is needed, please log on to their web site at www.ssa.gov/deposit.

The phone numbers that former Vickers employees might need are: Eaton (Fidelity) 1-866-328-6601, Unisys/Sperry 1-877-864-7972, John Hancock 1-800-624-5155, and Vanguard 1-800-523-1188.

Step 4: Stop using your old checking account. Keep your old checking account open until your Direct Deposits and automatic payments take effect and until ALL outstanding checks clear.

Step 5: Change any automatic payments. If you have any monthly payments, such as utilities, insurance companies, internet service providers, loan payments, etc. Automatically deducted from your account you can use the "Automatic Payment Change Notice" from the EZ Switch Kit to inform these companies of your new account information.

Step 6: Close your old account. Once your checks have cleared and your automatic payments have been changed to your new account, fill out the "Checking Account Closure Notice" from the EZ Switch Kit to inform your former bank or credit union that you wish to close your account.

Remember that we will guide you every step of the way. Just stop by the credit union and we will gladly help you through the process. Moving your checking account has never been so EZ! We are looking forward to seeing you. Call us or stop in today!